We are about half way full already! If you are on the fence about signing up, let me tell you, I have great stuff planned for all of you, plus great free product sponsored by me and some of my favorite companies!
It will be worth every penny, believe me! So read the details below:
This year we are having 2 retreats at Roughley Manor, this is a beautiful compound in the middle of the dessert, I was fortunate enough to attend a retreat back in September and I fell in love with the place!
Here is the scoop:
The Manor is located on 25 secluded acres, just minutes from Joshua Tree National Park.
Nestled within a setting of old Washingtonian palms and cypress trees, the main house was
Completed in 1928, and is constructed of native stone with Vermont maple flooring throughout.
The Manor's Main House is three stories tall with two suites. There are five fireplaces throughout, including one in each of the two suites. A "great room" that is 22' x 50', is furnished in a manner that invites lounging on the comfortable couches in front of the fireplace.
Separate from the main house are seven unique buildings. Five are individual cottages. The
Cottage, the Farmhouse, the Pool Bungalow which opens to the pool and hot tub, and the Sunrise and Sunset Rooms. Also, the original museum building has the Pinto and Museum Rooms. Additionally the Barn has the Oasis Room, Palms Room and the Cholla Room in it. All These rooms are BEAUTIFULLY and uniquely decorated. The accommodations are double occupancy so…grab a girlfriend and join us! You can also bring your hubby and he can relax while you scrap, we have a couple of husbands coming already!
Roughley Manor offers the perfect setting and location for scrapbook retreats. The facilities and amenities include lodging and a full breakfast; the use of our Scrapbooking/Conference Room which is 26' x 48'; our outdoor patio area; gardens and grounds; pool and hot tub. All rooms and facilities are air conditioned, and Wireless DSL access is available on the property
You will get an entire 6” table with a lamp and a very comfortable chair, the crop room is next to the pool so make sure you bring a bathing suit.
Included in the room is:
• A bathroom
• A kitchenette to include a full size refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot and sink.
• Coffee, tea, creamers, sugar, ice, coffee mugs, wine glasses, paper towels and numerous utensils.
• 25 individual 6 foot scrapbooking tables.
• Individual lamps for each table
• Cup and trash holders attached to each table
• Automobile access to French doors on side of scrapbooking building for loading and unloading supplies.
• Once supplies are unloaded, cars are to be parked either in front of the Manor or by your rooms.
Included in the Retreat:
• Two nights lodging, Friday and Saturday night.
• Welcome reception Friday evening with numerous appetizers provided by Roughley Manor.
• Gourmet breakfast Saturday and Sunday
• Dinner Saturday night. Includes Salad, Main Entrée, Fresh Bread, Dessert, Tea and Coffee.
The Dinner venue may be in the Great Room or outside depending on weather.
• Room check in is at 2:00 PM or later and check out is 11:00 AM. Two rooms have king size beds. 10 Rooms have queen size beds. There is a hide a bed in the Farmhouse Room and the Campbell Suite and two queen size beds in the Cholla Room. All rooms have TV’s, DVD/VCR players, hair dryers, robes and private baths.
Wireless internet is available throughout the grounds.
• Scrapbooking room available beginning at noon Friday and continues 24 hours a day (if desired) until 3:00 PM Sunday.
Scrapbookers must check out of their rooms by 11:00 AM. They can store their things in their car or in the reception room at the Manor and continue scrapbooking until 3:00 PM.
Dates and Rates:
The 1st retreat will be Memorial Day weekend 2012
May 25th, 26th & 27th not including Monday May 28th which is Memorial Day, you can come home and recuperate and spend time with your family before going back to work on Tuesday.
The rate is $329.00 and will include the accommodations, meals, drinks, snacks & candy and a few surprises sponsored by Scrapbook Daisies.
If you pay in full, you will get a special rate of $299.00
To sign up we will take full payment or a deposit of $119.00 then 3 scheduled payments as follows:
March 15th - $70.00
April 1st - $70.00
April 15th - $70.00
Full Payment is required by April 15th.
Signups will start now on a first come, first serve basis. Once we sell out we will have a waiting list for any cancellations.
Cancellations are refundable up to March 1st.
Roughley Manor can accommodate up to 25 attendees, please sign up ASAP.
For your reference and planning. The second retreat will be December 7th, 8th, and 9th, 2012.
Signups will start in July 2012.
Here are some pictures of the main house, one of the cottages and the crop room, for more info and pictures here is a link to Roughley Manor, check the rest of the pictures of this gorgeous place!